Welcome to the BESS Education section. This area is managed by the BESS Education Committee, which is made up of ten BESS members and is a mix of Surgical and AHP representatives. The primary aim of the committee is to promote education and training to its members and it does this in a number of ways including:
- offering a selection of BESS funded fellowships to its members on an annual basis.
- creating innovative training resources such PBAs and more recently, shoulder OPAT, an online and app based tool for the assessment of shoulder arthroscopy.
- contributing to the BOA's Wikipaedics project -UK’s first on-line learning platform for Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery
- advertising shoulder and elbow based UK clinical fellowships
- directly influencing the content of the BESS annual meeting, the BESS instructional courses and the BESS session at the BOA annual meeting.